Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend away....

Well, DH and I got away for the weekend... on our own! My Mam and Dad minded the nutsies from Friday till Sunday. And typically, after giving out about and to them all summer, I missed them the minute they walked out the door! (Got over it pretty quickly though when I got to have a shower on my own... lol). We used our alone time wisely - went to the National Concert Hall on Friday night to see Duke Special play with the RTE CO. It was absolutely brilliant, enjoyed every minute of it. Then on Saturday morning, we headed to Kilkenny for DH's cousin's 30th birthday party. It was in Hotel Kilkenny, and great fun all round. We didn't get home till after 2! (Now I know that's not late for most people, but my bed normally calls me any time from 9, so 2o'c is unreal!). We were up early the next morning to see Kenny Egan win a silver medal, and then we headed back to collect the kids. It was so relaxing...

We stopped at a park in Castlecomer on the way back and walked around for a bit. I took a few pics but they didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped.


Sean saying "don't take that picture!"



Is this an alpaca or a llama? Not sure which...



A duck (or is it a goose) looking very bloody snotty...

1 comment:

Di's Dooodles said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend & the pics are great!