Saturday, August 9, 2008

End of the world weather!

OMG, have you ever seen anything like the rain today? I had to go out earlier to collect a takeaway - there were no drivers available and the roads were flooded. I said to myself, yeah right, I'll be there in 5 minutes. 35 minutes later I finally got there and home. We live in Drumcondra so we get the traffic coming away from Croke Park, so that's a lot. Add to that closed roads, burst mains and end of the world rain, and nobody is a happy bunny!
On a lighter note, Lainey's crop was on today in Castleknock. It's so long since I was at a crop, I was almost nervous going in! But, needless to say, it was a brilliant day. I'm almost finished my little book, and I'll post some photos of it tomorrow. Lainey and AnnaMarie also said that there'll be a big scrapping day on 1st November - my birthday (it'll be the 16th anniversary of my 21st, lol). Guess what I'm getting for my b'day - a day out! Already counting down the days!

1 comment:

Di's Dooodles said...

Dublin certainly seems to have got the worst of the weather - we had very bad showers but no flooding TG!!
I love the way you describe your birthday - I must remember that!!